[ESP Announcements] Student registration for Spring HSSP has just opened!

Eunice Zhang spring-hssp at mit.edu
Thu Feb 9 21:38:27 EST 2023

Tl;dr: Spring HSSP 2023 is happening in person from 2/25 to 4/8! Register
now for six Saturdays of cool classes! <https://esp.mit.edu/learnsheep23>

[image: image.png]

Hi ESP students,

Spring HSSP is a six-week program for middle and high schoolers that runs
on the Saturdays between February 25th  and April 8th, skipping March 18th
for Spark! Classes — both academic and non-academic — are offered in
several time blocks from 1 to 4 PM. This year, we’ll be back in person on
the MIT campus!

Open to students in grades 7-12, Spring HSSP 2023 offers exciting classes
such as Learn Programming Like It's 1986, Astrobiology, Surrealism and the
Art World, and more! Spring HSSP offers a unique opportunity for you to
explore a topic in depth at MIT and interact with other students from the
Boston area. Check out the catalog here
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/2023_Spring/catalog> and register for
classes at <https://esp.mit.edu/learnsheep23>.

Classes will be assigned by lottery. All registrations by February 19th
will be considered equally, so take your time to look through our catalog!
You can rank up to three classes per time block as “priority” and express
interest in as many additional classes as you’d like.

The lottery stage of registration will close at 11:59 pm EST on February
19th, and we expect to publish lottery results soon afterward. After
results go live, you'll be able to add and drop classes on a
first-come-first-serve basis.

The total cost of attending Spring HSSP is $50, which includes all six
Saturdays of classes. We also offer generous need-based financial aid for
our students. The application for financial aid will open during the
first-come-first-serve phase of student registration.

We hope to see you this spring! Register for classes at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learnsheep23>, and email us at spring-hssp at mit.edu if
you have questions about the program.

Best,

Eunice, Gilford, and Jessica

Spring HSSP 2023 Directors

If you wish to unsubscribe from future emails, please look below.