[ESP Announcements] (Virtual) Splash 2021 registration closes tomorrow!

Joshua Kuffour splash at mit.edu
Fri Nov 5 10:00:00 EDT 2021

TL;DR: Registration for Splash closes tomorrow at 11:59 EDT!
<https://esp.mit.edu/splashstudent> This is your last chance to register
for the Splash class lottery!

Hi ESP students,

Splash is a two-day program for students in grades 9–12. Join us virtually
on November 20–21 in over 200 classes, like “Get BOPPIN’: Crash Course
Songwriting”, “Space Medicine: How to Become an Astronaut Doctor”, “How to
Build a Solar Car”, or “A Brief History of Memes”. Classes will be assigned
by lottery—all registrations by 11:59 PM Eastern Time tomorrow (Saturday,
November 6th) will be considered equally! We recommend ranking at least 3
classes and starring at least 10 classes per time block to maximize the
number of classes you end up with. All rankings and stars will be entered
into the lottery. Register now at https://esp.mit.edu/splashstudent.

In order to attend Splash, students must fill out a waiver
<https://esp.mit.edu/splash2021studentwaiver>. Your full name should match
the first and last name on your account on our website (displayed in the
top right corner). If it doesn’t, please change your name
<https://esp.mit.edu/myesp/profile> to match.  If you do not fill out the
waiver <https://esp.mit.edu/splash2021studentwaiver>, you will not be able
to attend Splash.  Here is a link to access the waiver:
https://esp.mit.edu/splash2021studentwaiver

If you miss the deadline, don’t panic. Beginning on November 11th and up
until 11:59 PM EDT on November 15th, 11:59 PM, you’ll be able to add
classes on a first-come-first-served basis. Some classes might be full, but
you can still register for any class with open spots. If you have a student
account on the website, you will be notified when this (second phase) opens!

Splash costs $40 to attend. Generous financial aid is available, and we
encourage everyone who needs it to request it. We try to ensure that cost
is not a barrier to any student who is interested in attending Splash. Once
we release class placements, you will have until Monday, November 15th to
pay for the program or request financial aid. You will have to complete
this step before you can attend the program, so keep an eye out for emails!

Due to MIT’s COVID-19 policies, Splash will happen virtually this year
through Zoom. We will communicate with Splash students primarily through
email in the weeks leading up to Splash, so make sure you regularly check
the email address linked to your student account. No part of the Splash
student experience will take place on the MIT campus, which means you can
attend Splash from anywhere in the world! If you have any questions, email
us at splash at mit.edu. Happy registering, and we hope to see you at Splash!

Want more Splash? Northeastern University is hosting a completely free,
in-person Splash program November 13th, 2021. You can take up to seven
blocks of engaging classes taught by Northeastern students. Are you
interested in learning about the evolution of Asian art from ancient to
anime? Or maybe about parasites that hijack your own nervous system? Check
out these classes and more on the Northeastern Splash website
<https://neptun.learningu.org/learn/splash.html>! Registration is open and
ends November 11th!

Best,

Jessica and Josh