[ESP Announcements] Spark 2020 Student Registration is now open (deadline March 3)!

Julian Espada spark at mit.edu
Fri Feb 21 15:52:44 EST 2020

Dear ESP Students,

Registration is now open for MIT’s largest annual learning extravaganza for
middle-schoolers, Spark! Spark is a two-day program for 7th and 8th grade
students, happening on the weekend of March 14th and 15th. This year, Spark
offers over 200 classes taught by the MIT community, covering fun and
academic topics such as Introduction to Python Programming, Cookie
Chemistry, How to Negotiate, Minecraft SUPERComputer, Intro to Lightsaber
Dueling and Spinning, Intro to Neuroscience, Introduction to Animation
Drawing, and more <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/2020/catalog>!

The first round of student registration will close at 11:59 PM on Tuesday,
March 3rd.

Join us in learning about almost anything on MIT's campus!

How to Register

Spark uses a lottery to assign your classes based on your preferences. You
can enter class preferences until 11:59 PM on Tuesday, March 3. Start the
registration process by completing registration steps 0–2 at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/studentguide.html>.

More detailed information is available at our Lottery FAQ
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/lotteryFAQ.html>.

To try to get a full schedule, we recommend ranking your top 3 classes and
starring at least 10 classes per time block. All class choices will be
entered into the lottery. Our lottery is not first-come-first-served; as
long as you enter your preferences before the deadline, they will be
considered equally with everyone else’s.

Finally, make sure you regularly check email at the email address linked
with your account. Only registered students will receive updates and
notifications about Spark 2020.

If you have any questions, email us at spark at mit.edu. Happy registering and
see you at Spark!

Best,