[ESP Announcements] Spark registration soon; HSSP registration closing soon

Spark! team esp-spark at mit.edu
Mon Feb 7 01:07:39 EST 2011

Hello again from the MIT Educational Studies Program!

Thank you for signing up at <http://esp.mit.edu>.   You are receiving
this email because you wanted to learn more about the programs we
run—for example, Spark, a day-long extravaganza of classes and
activities on the MIT campus!  You can read more about Spark at our
website <http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/index.html>.

*IMPORTANT SPARK DATES*

Spark will run on *March 12th*. The first classes will *begin at 9AM*
and all classes will *end by 7PM*. The whole program costs $20,
regardless of how many classes you take.

*SPARK REGISTRATION*

As with Splash 2010, registration will be a two part process.  The first
part will be a lottery. The lottery will open *February 16th* and close
on *February 24th*. You can indicate your preferences at any time during
that interval --- registering earlier gives no advantage.

The second part will be first-come first-served registration. That will
open at *8PM on March 1st* and close on *March 7th*. During that time
you will be able to change classes or add a new class to a vacant time slot.

*SPARK WALK-IN SEMINARS*

As with Splash 2010, Spark will be offering walk-in seminars. If you
find yourself with nothing to do between classes or want a break from
the ordinary lectures, come over to the walk-in seminars and learn
something fun! You don’t need to register for seminars. Just drop by
whenever you have some free time and play a game of Set, make yourself a
duct tape wallet, learn to DJ, or do a little acting!

If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ about the
Splash/Spark registration process at
<http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Splash/studentregFAQ.html>.  If your question
is not answered on that page, please feel free to email us at
<esp-spark at mit.edu>. When registration opens, it will be linked from
<http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/index.html>.

*HSSP REGISTRATION*

HSSP is an eight week long program offering more in-depth classes than
Splash or Spark. This Spring, it runs on Saturdays from February 19th
until April 16th (except March 12th due to Spark). Registration is open
until February 8th. For more information and to register, visit
<http://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/index.html>.

*BOSTON COLLEGE SPLASH*

Boston College will be running Splash on *Sunday, March 27th*. Students
can learn more and find registration announcements at
<http://bcsplash.learningu.org/>.

We hope to see you at Spark or HSSP!

Sincerely,
Alex Dehnert