[ESP Announcements] Registration is now open for in-person Spark 2024!

Joshua Kuffour spark at mit.edu
Fri Mar 1 18:59:00 EST 2024

TL;DR: Spark 2024 is happening in-person on MIT campus on the weekend of March
16-17. Register for the learning extravaganza
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/index.html?src=spark-2024-announcements>
by Saturday, March 5!

Spark is a two-day learning spectacular for students in grades 7-10 with
over 100 classes. Taught by MIT students, the classes feature diverse and
fun topics like:

   -

   Introduction to Global Health
   -

   Learn Chinese in One Hour
   -

   Web Development Crash Course
   -

   Extreme Engineering
   -

   Throat Singing Workshop
   -

   Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

and many, many more
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/2024/catalog?src=spark-24-student-announcements>!
This year’s Spark will be in-person on MIT campus. Join us to learn just
about anything for the weekend!

Registration

The deadline for submitting your class preferences in the class
lottery is 11:59PM
EST on Saturday, March 5. Register now on our website!
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/index.html?src=spark-2024-announcements>

If you want a full schedule (maximum learning!), we recommend ranking 3
classes and starring at least 6 classes per time block.

All submissions by the deadline (March 5th) will be treated equally, so
take your time to look through the catalog. After you get your initial
schedule (a few days after March 5), you will be able to modify it during a
first-come first-serve registration phase!

Cost and Waivers

There is a $70 fee to attend Spark. However, we offer generous financial aid
and we encourage anyone who needs it to request aid. Payment and financial
aid requests will open next week after you receive your lottery results.

Other Logistics

For information about hotels and where to stay, visit this page
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/hotels.html>.

We will send emails to Spark students in the weeks leading up to Spark, so
make sure you regularly check the email address that you registered with.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email spark at mit.edu. Happy
registering, and we hope to see you at Spark 2024!

Best,

Jessica and Geoffrey

Spark 2024 Directors

MIT Educational Studies Program