[ESP Announcements] Learn About Anything at In-Person Splash!

Li Xuan Tan splash at mit.edu
Thu Oct 27 17:06:07 EDT 2022

tl;dr: Splash 2022 is happening in-person on MIT’s campus, for the first
time in 3 years! Join us this November 19-20 for a weekend-long learning
extravaganza! Register for Splash <http://esp.mit.edu/crabstudent> by this
Saturday, October 29th!

Come take classes on anything and everything at Splash! More classes have
been added in the past few days, so even if you’ve already registered, you
can check the catalog again to see new and exciting choices to add to your
schedule! At Splash, MIT students and community members will teach around
300 classes, on topics as diverse as:

   -

   Discovering Rocketry with MIT Rocket Team
   -

   A Brief History of Japanese Manga
   -

   Falling into Black Holes
   -

   A Crash Course in Video Games
   -

   Locked Doors Aren’t as Secure as You Think
   -

   A Bhangin’ Bhangra Workshop!

and many more!

Splash 2022 is an educational program for 9th-12th graders on the weekend
of November 19-20. Register for classes by October 29th at <
esp.mit.edu/crabstudent>!

Registration

You can register for Splash at <esp.mit.edu/crabstudent>. Classes will be
assigned by lottery. All submissions by the deadline (October 29th) will be
treated equally, so take your time to look through the catalog. As you
register, we recommend that you star all the classes you’re interested in
(at least 10 per time block), since having many stars will increase your
chance of a full schedule!

Make sure to rank your classes by the deadline, 11:59 PM EDT on October 29th.
Class assignments will be released on our website a few days after the
deadline, after which you’ll be able to see the lottery results and add or
drop classes.

Additionally, this year there may be a limit to the number of students we
can have at Splash, depending on campus access policies from the MIT
administration which are still in flux. If we need to limit students, it
will be through another random lottery in addition to the class assignment
lottery. Because of this, please do not book non-refundable transportation
or hotels until we confirm your spot at Splash. We will notify you no later
than November 3rd.

Finally, please note that students must comply with all relevant MIT
policies, which may include health and vaccination status attestations.

Cost

The cost of attending Splash classes is $40, regardless of the number of
classes you're taking. However, please do not let financial limitations
prevent you from participating in the program if you are interested! We
offer generous need-based financial aid. The financial aid application and
payment will become available after class lottery results are released.

Other logistics

Splash will happen entirely on MIT's campus. We will communicate with
students primarily through email in the weeks leading up to Splash, so make
sure you regularly check the email address linked to your student account.

We hope to see you this November! Email us at splash at mit.edu if you have
questions about the program.

Best,

Li Xuan and Cindy