[ESP Announcements] Register for Summer HSSP 2022!

Kate Lu summer-hssp at mit.edu
Tue Jun 14 09:19:33 EDT 2022

Tl;dr: Summer HSSP 2022 is happening every Saturday from July 9 through
August 13! Register now for six Saturdays of cool virtual classes!
<https://esp.mit.edu/learnsquirrel22>

Come take six-week long classes on anything and everything at Summer HSSP!
Take classes taught by MIT students and community members, on topics as
diverse as:

   -

   Axiomatic Geometry and Proofs
   -

   Introduction to Programming with Python
   -

   The Chemistry of Luminescence

and many, many more!

Organized by MIT Educational Studies Program, Summer HSSP 2022 is a
virtual six-weekend
program for middle and high schoolers, open to rising 7th graders to
recently graduated 12th graders. It will run on Saturdays from 1 to 4 PM
EDT, beginning on July 9 and ending on August 13.

Register for classes at <https://esp.mit.edu/learnsquirrel22>.

Registration

Classes will be assigned by lottery. All class preferences submitted by the
deadline (June 26th) will be treated equally, so take your time to look
through the catalog. More classes will be added after the lottery opens, so
if you check back later, you’ll continue to see new and exciting choices to
add to your schedule!

As you register, we recommend that you star all the classes you’re
interested in (at least 3–5 per block), since having many stars will
increase your chance of a full schedule!

Make sure to rank your classes by the deadline, 11:59 PM EDT on June 26.
Class assignments will be released on our website a few days after the
deadline, then you’ll be able to see the lottery results and add or drop
classes.

Free plushies?

Want to get cute, squirrel-themed Summer HSSP plushies? Get two of your
friends to enroll in Summer HSSP! Ask your friends to fill out the referral
form linked in the student registration page when they register – they’ll
just need to write your name and ESP username in the form.

Cost

The total cost of attending Summer HSSP is $40, which includes all six
Saturdays of classes, regardless of how many classes you are taking.
Financial limitations should not prevent anyone from participating, so we
also offer generous need-based financial aid.

Other logistics

Due to MIT’s COVID-19 policies, Summer HSSP will happen virtually this year
through Zoom. We will communicate with HSSP students primarily through
email in the weeks leading up to Summer HSSP, so make sure you regularly
check the email address linked to your student account. Since Summer HSSP
won’t take place on MIT’s campus, you can attend from anywhere in the world!

We hope to see you this summer! Go to esp.mit.edu/learnsquirrel22 or email
us at summer-hssp at mit.edu if you have questions about the program.

Best,

Kate and Vivian

Summer HSSP 2022 Directors