[ESP Announcements] Learn Anything at Spring HSSP!

Matthew Cox spring-hssp at mit.edu
Mon Feb 7 11:55:04 EST 2022

Tl;dr: Spring HSSP 2022 is happening from 2/26 through 4/2! Register now
for five Saturdays of cool classes! <https://esp.mit.edu/learnpineapple22>

Come take five-week long classes on anything and everything at Spring HSSP!
Take classes taught by MIT students and community members, on topics as
diverse as:

   -

   Linguistics Laboratory
   -

   Lab Techniques in Chemistry
   -

   Cultivating a Microbial Garden

and many, many more!

Spring HSSP 2022 is a virtual five-weekend program for middle and high
schoolers, open to grades 7–12. It will run on Saturdays from 1 to 4 PM ET,
beginning on February 26 and ending on April 2 (skipping March 12 for Spark
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/index.html?src=spark_2022-hssp_announcements_link>
).

Register for classes at <https://esp.mit.edu/learnpineapple22>.

Registration

Classes will be assigned by lottery. All submissions by the deadline (Feb
15th) will be treated equally, so take your time to look through the
catalog. More classes will be added after the lottery opens, so if you
check back later, you’ll continue to see new and exciting choices to add to
your schedule!

As you register, we recommend that you star all the classes you’re
interested in (at least [n] per block), since having many stars will
increase your chance of a full schedule!

Make sure to rank your classes by the deadline, 11:59 PM EST on February 15.
Class assignments will be released on our website a few days after the
deadline, after which you’ll be able to see the lottery results and add or
drop classes.

Free stickers?

Want to get sweet Spring HSSP stickers? Get two of your friends to enroll
in Spring HSSP! Ask your friends to fill out the referral form linked in
the student registration page once they register. Your friends will need to
write your name and ESP username in the form, so make sure they know your
username.

Cost

The total cost of attending Spring HSSP is $40, which includes all five
Saturdays of classes. We also offer generous need-based financial aid.
Financial limitations should not prevent anyone from participating.

Other logistics

Due to MIT’s COVID-19 policies, Spring HSSP will happen virtually this year
through Zoom. We will communicate with HSSP students primarily through
email in the weeks leading up to Spring HSSP, so make sure you regularly
check the email address linked to your student account. Since Spring HSSP
won’t take place on MIT’s campus, you can attend from anywhere in the world!

We hope to see you this spring! Go to esp.mit.edu/learnpineapple22 or email
us at spring-hssp at mit.edu <summer-hssp at mit.edu> if you have questions about
the program.

Best,

Daina, Margaret and Song