[ESP Announcements] Student registration for Summer HSSP is now open!

Summer HSSP summer-hssp-reply at mit.edu
Sat Jun 8 17:47:06 EDT 2019

Hi ESP students,

Registration for Summer HSSP is now open! Summer HSSP is a seven-week
program for middle and high schoolers (rising 7th to entering college) that
runs on Sundays, beginning on July 7th and ending on August 18th! Classes
-- both academic and non-academic -- are offered in several time blocks
from 10 AM to 3 PM.

Summer HSSP offers exciting classes such as Climate change: Climate action, The
Computational Complexity of Games and Puzzles, and Sensational
Neuroscience: How Your Brain Understands the World! Check out the catalog
here <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/2019_Summer/catalog> and register for
classes at <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/> starting Saturday (June 8th).
Summer HSSP is open to students ranging from rising 7th graders through
students about to enter their first year of college.

Classes will be assigned by lottery. All registrations before June 26th
will be considered equally, so take your time to look through the catalog.
You can express interest in as many classes as you'd like and rank up to
three classes per time block as “priority.”

The lottery stage of registration will close at 11:59 pm on June 26th, and
we expect to publish lottery results a few days afterward. After results go
live, you'll be able to add and drop classes on a first-come-first-serve
basis, when registration is entirely closed.

All students will have a lunch break in their schedule. They can bring a
bagged lunch or buy lunch from around campus. There are various places to
eat around MIT; see our food map
<https://esp-wiki.mit.edu/images/c/cf/Food_handout.pdf> for more details.

The total cost of attending Summer HSSP is $40, which includes all seven
Sundays of classes. We also offer generous need-based financial aid, and
the application for financial aid will open during the
first-come-first-serve phase of student registration.

We hope to see you this summer! For more details, visit our website
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/summer.html>. Email us at
summer-hssp at mit.edu if you have questions about the program.

Regards,

Rujul and Janice