[ESP Announcements] Spark 2019 Student Registration is open!

Spark spark-reply at mit.edu
Fri Feb 22 11:34:14 EST 2019

Dear ESP Students,

It’s time for Spark again! We’d like to let you know that student
registration for Spark is now open. The first round of student registration
is due by 5pm on Tuesday, March 5.

Spark is a two-day program for 7th and 8th grade students happening on
March 16th and 17th. We have over 200 different classes which you can view
on our catalog <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/2019/catalog>. Classes
being taught this year include “Dessert Sushi”, “Fundamentals of a
Browser”, “How to Win an Argument”, “Are You Smarter Than an MIT Student?”,
“How to solve a Rubik's cube” and so many more!

Join us in learning about almost anything on MIT's campus!

How to Register

Spark uses a lottery to assign students to classes. You can enter class
preferences until 5pm on Tuesday, March 5, at which point we will run the
lottery.

To try to get a full schedule, we recommend ranking your top 3 classes and
starring at least 10 classes per time block. All class choices will be
entered into the lottery. Our lottery is not first-come first-served; as
long as you enter your preferences before the deadline, they will be
considered equally with everyone else’s.

Start the registration process by completing registration steps 0–2 at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/studentguide.html>.

More detailed information is available at our Lottery FAQ
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/lotteryFAQ.html>.

Finally, make sure you regularly check the email address that your account
is registered under. Only registered students will receive future emails
about Spark 2019.

If you have any questions, email us at spark at mit.edu. Happy registering and
see you at Spark!

Want to invite others to attend Spark with you? Check out our event on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/577565839386322/> and share it
with your friends!

Best,

Emily Caragay and Jenna Himawan