[ESP Announcements] Spark 2018 Student Registration is open!

Spark spark-reply at mit.edu
Tue Feb 27 12:22:13 EST 2018

*Dear ESP Students,With spring less than a month away, it’s time for Spark
again! We’d like to let you know that student registration for Spark is now
open for 7th and 8th graders. The first round of student registration is
due by Sunday, 3/4 at 11:59 PM.Spark is a two-day program for 7th and 8th
grade students happening on March 17 and 18 this year. We have over 200
different classes which you can view on our catalog
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/2018/catalog/>. Classes being taught this
year include Harry Potter ft. Conspiracy Theories, Intro to Distributed
Computation, CRISPR: Hacking the Genome, and more!Join us in learning about
almost anything on MIT's campus!How to RegisterSpark uses a lottery to
assign students to classes. You can enter class preferences until Sunday,
3/4 at 11:59 PM, at which point we will run the lottery.To get a full
schedule, we recommend ranking your top 3 classes and starring at least 10
classes per time block. All class choices will be entered into the lottery.
Our lottery is not first-come first-served; as long as you enter your
preferences before the deadline (3/4), they will be considered equally with
everyone else’s.Start the registration process by completing registration
steps 0–2 at <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/studentguide.html
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/studentguide.html>>.More detailed
information is available at our Spark details page
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/moreinfo.html> or in our Lottery FAQ
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/lotteryFAQ.html>.Finally, make sure you
regularly check the email address that your account is registered under.
Only registered students will receive future emails about Spark 2018.If you
have any questions, email us at <spark at mit.edu <spark at mit.edu>>. Happy
registering and see you at Spark!Best,Ahaan Rungta and Brian ChenSpark 2018
DirectorsMIT Educational Studies Program*