[ESP Announcements] Splash 2016 registration is now open!

Splash splash-reply at mit.edu
Thu Oct 20 18:45:57 EDT 2016

Dear ESP Students,

The MIT Educational Studies Program is pleased to announce that student
registration for Splash 2016 is now open! Splash is for students in grades
9–12 only, and will run November 19 and 20, the weekend before
Thanksgiving. Sign up for any of 600 classes, including:

   -

   How to Make Oxygen on Mars
   -

   Paper Snowflakes Extravaganza
   -

   Chocolate Key Cryptography
   -

   B-B-Beatboxing Basics
   -

   The Philosophy of Rick and Morty
   -

   Quantum Mechanics with 9th Grade Math
   -

   Geometric Art- using Matlab!

Join us in learning about almost anything on MIT's campus!

How to Register

Splash will use a lottery to assign students to classes. You will have
until October 28, 11:59 pm EDT to enter lottery preferences.

To get a full schedule, we recommend ranking at least 3 classes and
starring at least 10 classes per time block. All class choices will be
entered into the lottery. This is not first-come first-served; classes will
be assigned after student registration is closed, so take your time.

Start the registration process by completing registration steps 0- 2 at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Splash/index.html>. The class catalog is located
at <http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Splash/2016/view_classes>. Make sure to pick
and rank your classes by the deadline. Student class assignments, as
determined by the lottery, will be released by November 3rd.

---

More detailed information is available at our Splash details page
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Splash/moreinfo.html> or in our Lottery FAQ
<https://esp.mit.edu/learn/lotteryFAQ.html>. For information about hotels,
visit <https://esp.mit.edu/about/hotels.html>.

Finally, make sure you regularly check the email address that your account
is registered under. Only registered students will receive future emails
about Splash 2016.

If you have any questions, email us at <splash at mit.edu>. Happy registering
and see you at Splash!

Best,