[ESP Announcements] Spark registration is open!

MIT ESP spark at mit.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:47:53 EST 2016

Student registration for Spark 2016 is open!

Spark is a weekend-long academic program for 7th and 8th grade students
that runs during the weekend of March 12-13th. Classes, both academic
and non-academic, are offered in 1-hour, 2-hour, and 3-hour time blocks
from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday. Walk-in classes
are also available in their own separate, designated area for registered
students.

This year’s offerings include such exciting topics as chainmail,
cryptography, and the care of elephants at a zoo. The full catalog can
be found at https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/2016/view_classes; a more
comprehensive registration guide for first-time users can be found at
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Spark/studentguide.html.

As with most programs run by ESP, classes will be assigned by lottery --
all complete registrations by February 27th will be considered equally,
so take your time to look through the catalog. You can express interest
in as many classes as you’d like and rank up to three classes per time
block as 'priority'.

The lottery stage of registration will close at 11:59pm Eastern Time on
February 27th. We expect to publish lottery results by the evening of
February 28th. The first-come, first-serve phase of registration will
open on the morning of February 29th, and you’ll be able to add and drop
classes until March 5th, when registration fully closes.

The total cost of attending Spark is $40, regardless of how many hours
the student chooses to attend. We provide lunch for registered students
for free on both Saturday and Sunday, although students are welcome to
bring their own food or purchase food elsewhere. We offer generous
need-based financial aid, and strongly encourage anyone who feels they
may need it to apply.

For any further questions or inquiries, please email us at spark at mit.edu.

We hope to see you at Spark!

Best,