[ESP Announcements] Junction Application closes tonight!

Junction junction at mit.edu
Wed Apr 27 12:53:53 EDT 2016

The application for Junction 2016 will close tonight! Junction, a
non-residential summer program at MIT, gives high school students the
opportunity to work on independent study or research projects under the
guidance of MIT student mentors. Students will gain project and
presentation experience, explore MIT, take short seminar-style classes, and
be part of a small and vibrant community of learners. The mentoring process
takes place through the entire summer, and students will also meet on MIT’s
campus for two weeks, August 15-26, during which they will finalize and
showcase their summer work.

The application is available online at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Junction/2016/studentapp_start.html>.
Applications are due tonight  (April 27) at 11:59 p.m. Students who apply
will be asked to choose one of our mentors listed on our website <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Junction/mentors.html>. Since admission to
Junction is selective, it is important that students take time to write
thought-out responses to the application questions. No applications will be
accepted after April 27.

Junction costs $600, but we offer generous need-based financial aid. If
interested, please apply here: <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Junction/2016/finaid.html>.

Because Junction is a non-residential program and ESP cannot help with
housing, we require that students stay with a parent or other responsible
adult within commuting distance of MIT.

For any questions about Junction, please email us at <junction at mit.edu>.
Information about ESP’s other summer program, Summer HSSP, will become
available in May.

Best,
MIT Educational Studies Program