[ESP Announcements] Junction application deadline tomorrow

Educational Studies Program, MIT esp at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 24 13:53:41 EDT 2014

This is a reminder that applications for Junction, one of ESP's two summer
programs, are due tomorrow, Friday, April 25. You'll find a recap of
information about Junction below.

Information about our other summer program, Summer HSSP, will be available
on our website by mid-May. Summer HSSP will meet once per week on weekends,
and is open to students in grades 7-12.
________________

*What is Junction?: *Junction is a non-residential program for Boston-area
students, typically those who are about to complete 10th, 11th, or 12th
grade. This summer, Junction is offering eight college level courses in a
wide variety of subjects. Crack ciphers in *Cryptographic Security*,
explore physics beyond Newton in *Advanced Classical Physics*, debate the
meaning of it all in *Philosophy through Russian Literature*, or see if
we've got a course on your favorite subject at <
https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Junction/2014/cores.html>.

*When and where*: Weekday evenings from July 7 to August 14 on MIT's main
campus. Junction courses expect students to spend significant time outside
of class on readings, assignments, and projects.

*How to apply: *Visit <https://esp.mit.edu/learn/Junction> for application
information and instructions. Since admission to Junction is selective, it
is important that students take the time to write well thought-out

*We will consider equally all applications received by this Friday, April
25, after which the application will be closed.* Depending on the number of
applications we receive, we may re-open admissions at a later date.
Nonetheless, to have your best chance at a spot in your top choice class,
we strongly recommend you do not miss the April 25 deadline.

We look forward to seeing you at our programs this summer!