[ESP Announcements] Upcoming ESP Events

Michelle Bentivegna mbent at mit.edu
Mon Jan 4 18:17:52 EST 2010

Hi,

ESP is running a number of programs this spring! We hope to see you there.
Please email us at esp at mit.edu with any questions. The programs we are
running are described below:

Spark 2010:  Spark is a one-day program, styled after Splash with a series
of short classes and workshops.
Student Registration: Student registration will open in mid-February
Dates: Spark 2010 will run on March 13.
Cost: $20 (financial aid available)

Harvard HSSP: we are proud to announce that this Spring, Harvard will be
running an HSSP of its own in conjunction with MIT ESP.*  HSSP is a
longer-term program, where over the course of a number of weeks you can take
an in-depth class.
Student Registration: Will open Monday, January 4 at 8:00 PM.
 <http://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/Harvard_Spring_2010/studentreg>

Dates: Harvard HSSP will run on Saturdays from February 6 to April 3.
Cost: $30 (financial aid available)

Spring HSSP (MIT): In addition to Harvard's HSSP, MIT ESP will be running an
HSSP of our own as usual during the spring.
Student Registration: student registration will open in early March.

Dates: Spring HSSP at MIT will run six weeks on Saturdays from April 10 to
May 8.
Cost: $30 (financial aid available)

Spring SATPrep: SAT Prep runs every Sunday for 9 weeks in the spring
semester and aims to better prepare  motivated high school students for the
SAT. Students take a diagnostic class, are placed in math, reading and
writing classes and then conclude with a final practice test.
Student Registration : registration will be open January 19, at 7:00 PM.

Dates: Spring SATPrep will run on Sunday afternoons in February 7 to April
25.
Cost: $100 (financial aid available)

Junction (summer 2010): Junction is a summer program for 9th-12th grade
students who want to take a college-level course over the summer.
Student Registration: applications will be released in early March, and due
in April.
Dates:  Junction will run from 5pm-9:30pm Mon-Thurs during 6 weeks (TBA) of
the summer
Cost: TBA (financial aid will be available)

Michelle Bentivegna
Paul Kominers
ESP Chairs

*In the future, Harvard will be running HSSP in the fall, and we will run
HSSP in the Spring. However, this semester, both schools will be running a
Spring HSSP. MIT ESP does not currently have the resources to run a Fall
HSSP, and we are thrilled that Harvard will be helping us out with this!
Harvard HSSP is being run by Harvard student Lester Kim, a long-time MIT ESP
teacher.