[ESP Announcements] Hello from the MIT Educational Studies Program!

MIT Educational Studies Program esp at mit.edu
Fri Aug 20 00:06:17 EDT 2010

Hello from ESP!

The MIT Educational Studies Program (ESP) is a student group at MIT.
We offer a wide range of classes for students in grades 7-12, ranging
from SAT and AP prep to extracurricular classes like "Airplane
Design," "How to Write a Sonnet," and "Balloon Animal Bonanza!"

This fall, MIT ESP will be offering Delve (AP classes), SAT Prep, and
Splash. Online registration for Delve and Fall SAT Prep will remain
open online at http://esp.mit.edu until September 15th and September
5th respectively; Splash registration will open in early November. We
would also encourage fans of MIT ESP to check out our sister program,
Harvard HSSP.

If you have any questions about these programs, you can read the
descriptions below, check out our website, http://esp.mit.edu/ or
email us at esp at mit.edu

Costs vary from program to program. We try to keep costs as low as
possible, and financial aid is easily available. No student should
skip an ESP program because they can't afford to attend.

Michelle Bentivegna
Paul Kominers
MIT Educational Studies Program

*Splash*
Ever wanted to experience a whirlwind of learning? Each year during
the weekend before Thanksgiving, thousands of students  come to MIT to
take as many classes as they can fit into a two-day schedule.  Splash
offers classes on anything, from the chemistry of explosions to
gourmet cheese tasting to the history of London. This year, Splash
runs November 20-21.  Student registration will open in late October.
Splash costs $30, and is available to students in grades 7-12. For
more information, go to: http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Splash/index.html

*SAT Prep*
SATPrep provides instruction for students in grades 9-12 in
test-taking strategies and the material covered by the new SAT I, with
separate classes focused on math, verbal, and writing skills. Classes
are taught by MIT undergraduates and take place on MIT's main campus.
Classes run Sundays, 1:30 - 5:00, September 12 to November 28.
Registration will begin August 22, at 8:00 PM. SAT Prep costs $100,
and includes the cost of the study book. For more information, visit
http://esp.mit.edu/learn/SATPrep/index.html

*Delve*
Delve is an intense Sunday program for academically motivated students
in grades 9-12, aiming to prepare them for a single Advanced Placement
exam (AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Physics). Delve
runs most Sundays throughout the academic year, starting on September
19th. Delve costs $200. Registration is currently open online at
http://esp.mit.edu/learn/Delve/index.html

*Harvard HSSP*
This fall, we are pleased to announce that Harvard will be offering an
HSSP! For seven weekends starting on October 2, come take classes from
dedicated instructors on whatever you please, whether that topic is
academic or just-for-fun. Interested in creative writing, or want to
get a head start on your insane English class next year? There’s a
class for that. Always wanted to know what quantum physics is about?
There’s a class for that. Or do you just want to find a good anime to
watch in your free time? Oh yes, there’s also a class for that.
Registration will open in mid-September. HSSP costs $20, and is
available to students in grades 7-12. For more information, visit
http://esp.mit.edu/learn/HSSP/harvard2010.html.